Thursday, September 27, 2012

Hi Quilters,
It has been forever since I have written to you, but I am going to blog regularly once a week to start with and increase as I get into the swing of things.  We at the shop have been busy making you new samples to look at, checking in new fabric and notions,making kits and keeping the longarm machine  humming. I have also been busy geting ready for my mothers estate garage sale this Friday and Sat.  and getting ready for the Fall Festival in town.  The weather is supposed to be great so come and join in the fun. Much to do and see and shop.

I am going to introduce you to 3 new notions added to the shop.
*Quilters Chalk Line - (like a carpenter uses)  use to square up quilt edges for binding, mark placement lines for applique, mark straight lines for hand and machine quilting.
*Wonder Clips - holds fabric together like pins, but is like a small plastic clothespin, great for binding
*White transfer paper - if  you do not like to trace over a lightbox or on a window this is like the old tracing paper we used to use when making garments.  You place it over the fabric you want to design on,  put your pattern on top and trace with a pencil or pen.  It works-I tried it.

I hope to see you this weekend at the festival we have lots to show you.
I am ready for some of Granny's Kettle Corn!
Margy

No comments: